Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Common symptoms include:
- trouble focusing or concentrating
- loss of interest in pleasurable or fun activities
- sleep issues (too much or too little)
- no energy
- craving unhealthy foods
There are a number of factors that can cause depression. Medications and counseling can be very effective for most people with depression.
If you are suffering from depression, talk to someone.
Psychotherapy can help you:
- Adjust to a crisis or other current difficulty
- Identify negative beliefs and behaviors and replace them with healthy, positive ones
- Explore relationships and experiences, and develop positive interactions with others
- Find better ways to cope and solve problems
- Identify issues that contribute to your depression and change behaviors that make it worse
- Regain a sense of satisfaction and control in your life and help ease depression symptoms, such as hopelessness and anger
- Learn to set realistic goals for your life
- Develop the ability to tolerate and accept distress using healthier behaviors
Contact my office to schedule an appointment.
There is Hope!